Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Yoga/ Stretching outside


Last week I was diagnosed with a kidney infection. It was quite unpleasant and continues to be an annoyance. I'm SO grateful for modern medicine. I always joke that I probably would have not made it to my 12th birthday if I lived in the 1800's. These times have their own problems but I'm so glad to be alive now as opposed to any other period of time in the past.

Since I have had pain and discomfort this week and needed to rest, I started taking the yoga mat outside to stretch in the morning. Little did I know how much of a good effect this would have on my mental health! Of course, the stretching has physical benefits too but it has helped me mentally the most.

I go out right when I get up and stretch out on our patio. There's a short window where it's slightly shaded and it's so comfortable. It's quiet and all I can really hear are birds chirping. 

I will do some yoga moves and stretches and sometimes pray (not outoud.) It's something I look forward to every morning now because it helps me start the day with some peace before the chaos and disorder of the day ensues. I will take any moment of peace that I can!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Kid's Table Makeover, Before and After

I've been obsessed with this shade of green for a while now, and i've started painting pretty much everything in my hous...