Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Kid's Table Makeover, Before and After


I've been obsessed with this shade of green for a while now, and i've started painting pretty much everything in my house this color (exaggerating...) My whole house may end up mint green and i'd be fine with it.

I bought this solid wood kid's table using a local app similar to Craig's list. It was $20 for the table and "stools" that used to be regular chairs but the backs were removed.


It was stained, had paint chipping, and had the holes in the seats from where the screws used to be. So I took it home and wiped it down with a sanitizing wipe and went to work. One of the stools had a ground down leg, so it was very wobbly. I only need two of the stools because I only have two kids, but I painted it anyway to keep as a backup.


I first sanded it down, then later I went out and bought chalk paint from Home Depot.
The color is "Nurture Green" by Sherwin Williams and the chalk paint base is by Rust-oleum. It's around $20. A little goes a long way with chalk paint, so I didn't need much but I did need to do two coats of paint.




Since the "stools" had holes in them, I filled them with wood filler and sanded it when it dried.


I wiped the dust off and then went right on to painting. It was extremely satisfying to paint over the parts where the paint was chipped off.



After I let the paint dry for a few days, I used a spray top coat to help protect it. I wish I would have bought the top coat where you have to paint it on because I had trouble getting an even coat with the spray. But in the end, it still looked pretty good.

Here's the end result:


It was extremely satisfying and fun to do this makeover! I feel the beginning of an addiction forming...

Thanks for reading!
-Merewyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kid's Table Makeover, Before and After

I've been obsessed with this shade of green for a while now, and i've started painting pretty much everything in my hous...