Friday, September 25, 2020

Simple DIY Dollar store wreath for Halloween


When I went to my local Dollar Tree today, almost all the fall and Halloween items to make wreaths with were gone. They even replaced the fall faux flowers with their regular summer flowers. It's not even October yet and everything was so picked over! 

I had to rely on creativity to try to find something to make a Halloween wreath. In fact, almost all their wreath forms were gone. But I did find one on the top shelf, hidden away. 

As I wandered around, trying to find anything that would work for a Halloween wreath, I stumbled upon the craft section. There was nothing Halloweeny or Fall themed. But I was able to find these googly eyes:


And this ribbon:

So, I grabbed two of each and was on my merry way to make a spooky wreath.

All you need to make this wreath are:
1. 1 small foam wreath form
2. 2 rolls of ribbon
3. 1 bag of googly eyes
4. Hot glue gun (only if your wreath will be indoors) or E6000 glue if the wreath will be outdoors or indoors. 

I already had a glue gun, so this wreath cost me $4 in total to make. And it took me about 25 minutes to put together. So easy and fun!

How to diy:

Start by gluing the end of the ribbon onto the wreath form. Let it dry fully.

Then go ahead and wrap the wribbon around, overlapping each section. 

When you've run out of ribbon, glue the end and add the next ribbon. You'll have some left over at the end, so just cut it off and glue the end on the back. So easy!

Next is the fun part. Glue the eyes on all over the ribbon, let it dry, and you're done! 
You can add a ribbon on the bottom if you're fancy, or anything you'd like. 

I hung mine up in my entryway on the closet door, so it can watch anyone who enters 👀. HAPPY HALLOWEEN DECORATING!


Thanks for reading,
Merewyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kid's Table Makeover, Before and After

I've been obsessed with this shade of green for a while now, and i've started painting pretty much everything in my hous...